This craft idea is a good fun and could be used with various topics.
To make this Khanda Mosaic you will need:
- Khanda Mosaic PDF print outs
- colour card (optional)
- mosaic squares – we have used Glitter Foam Self-Adhesive Mosaic Squares from YellowMoon
- Print out the Khanda Mosaic PDF on a card. The PDF file is formatted for A4 and is measured to fit 1cm mosaic squares. If you have different size mosaic squares just play around with the zoom while printing. Cut out individual mosaics sheets. If you can’t print on the card, print on the plain paper and then use the colour card as backing.
- Cut out individual mosaics sheets. If you can’t print on the card, print on the plain paper and then glue them onto the colour card.
- Colour in the Khanda in the centre, colour in the field around it. You could incorporate Khanda activity here – teach children about different parts of the Khanda symbol. They could use different colours to show parts of the Khanda.
- Use mosaic squares to either create patterns or randomly fill in the frame. If you don’t have sticky mosaic squares, you could either cut the card in small squares or even use colours to fill in the frame.
You could use these Blank Mosaic PDF if you would like children to draw their own Khanda in the centre.