Flowers from Guru Har Rai Ji’s garden or maybe flowers to put in front of Guru Granth Sahib Ji? You could use this Sakhi from Sikhnet to tell the children about Guru Har Rai Ji and his love for all living things.
There are many ways of making paper flowers. I’m going to illustrate a simple way that’s easy for the children to follow.
For this activity you will need:
- coloured paper
- tissue paper
- glue (optional)
- glitter (optional)
- Take coloured paper sheet and roll it into a tight tube, fold and staple the bottom end.
- Cut your tissue paper in to squares/rectangles between 10×10 and 15x 15 cm in size.
- Take a few squares of tissue paper, put them on top of each other and pinch in the middle.
- Simple staple the place where you pinched it to the paper stem.
- You can further decorate the flowers by dabbing them with glue and sprinkling the glitter on top.
Also see this tutorial for alternative way of making paper flowers.